Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My Dad was my best friend.

I wrote this a year ago. My Dad was, is, and will always be the closest most sincere friend of my life. He passed away roughly 3 years ago. There has not been a day that goes by that I do not think of him. Just re-reading this made me cry. I am not religious, however, I hope I may see him again when I have died. Although I highly doubt life works this way.

From a year ago:
Dad, I miss you so much. There is not a day that goes by that I don’t think of you. The time we spent playing soccer, skiing, table tennis, the Christmas time, the gardening and many, many more. I have so many stories for all of the above that come to mind as I type this and so many more that I have thought about in time past. I am now 34, an adult, yet my child at heart does not agree. You are the most extraordinary man I have ever met. I hope to capture your stories from your child hood, the war (WW2), your life in England, Canada, and the United States. I don’t hope to do this to live through your accomplishments. I do this in hope to find my way from your past. To gain inspiration from your life. What you did, the friends you had, the work you did, and the lifestyle you lived.

1 comment:

  1. I hope we all meet those that we loved and loved us again. For now, you will meet in your memory and your conversation. Al planted many of the seeds of your life and you have grown those values into your own. I see a lot of him in you, he lives on and I expect watches over you.

    ReplyDelete